All students have opportunities for research, global-engagement, public service, and career preparation.
- If you excel in the classroom, apply to the English honors program. Work closely with a professor on a research project of your own. Read more >>
- Pursue the accelerated master’s program in linguistics. Read more >>
- Take English courses for credit through a study abroad with Mason’s Center for Global Education.
- Complete licensure to teach English in the public schools. Read more >>
- Gain valuable career experiences through an internship in technical writing at places such as:
- Smithsonian Institution or Library of Congress
- Folger Shakespeare Library
- Falls Church News Press or the Entertainment Industry Council
- Read more about internships >>